Although a healthy lifestyle is your best defense against serious health risks, critical illnesses such as heart disease, cancer and stroke can strike any of us at any time.
The best way to manage the financial risk of a Critical Illness is an insurance policy designed to pay a lump sum if an insured suffers a critical illness. The majority of claims for this type of coverage are related to Cancer, Stroke and Heart Attack.
Did you know?
- One in three Canadians will develop a life- threatening cancer (*1)
- One in two heart attack victims are under 65 years old (*2)
- Each year, 50,000 Canadians suffer a stroke. Of all stroke victims, 75% will be left with a disability (*2)
Critical Illness Insurance provides a lump sum benefit to assist you financially, if you suffer and survive a covered critical Illness. Cash when you need it most. You can use this money to supplement any other disability insurance you may have to reduce your overall financial burden.
- Critical Illness Insurance can help fund a leave of absence for a spouse.
- Reduce your mortgage, credit cards or other debts.
- Keep your business running.
- Critical Illness Insurance can fund a leave of absence for a spouse to care for you.
- Maintain your independence with home or vehicle modifications.
- Hire domestic help around the house for cleaning or landscaping.
- Access cutting edge US medical treatment.
- Pay for your family members travel expenses to be with you.
Use the money any way you choose!
Lastly, with a critical illness policy you may not have to go into debt or withdraw money from your retirement savings to remain financially stable and independent while you recover.
Illnesses that may be covered with a Critical Illness Insurance policy – as defined and specified in the actual policy.
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
- Aortic Surgery
- Heart Valve Replacement
- Loss of Speech
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Loss of Limbs
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Occupational Disease
- Loss of Independent Existence
- Multiple Sclerosis
Contact us today for a quick informational chat. +1 647 389-5105
(*1) Canadian Cancer Society (*2) Heart and Stroke Foundation